Best User Guide of LG G3 – 10 days, 10 features – Day 1- Complete LG G3 Home Screen overview
Last night we started ‘Best User Guide of LG G3 – 10 days, 10 features‘ series to cover LG G3′s top 10 features and UI related walk through. Today we are giving you all the first instalment of the series.
Day -1 > Complete LG G3 Home Screen overview.
The Home screen is the starting point for many applications and functions, and it allows you to add items like application shortcuts, or Google widgets to give you instant access to information and applications. This is the default canvas and accessible from any menu by tapping .
1) Status Bar Shows phone’s status information including the time, signal strength, battery status, and notification icons.
2) Widget Widgets are self-contained applications that can beaccessed through the Apps screen or on the Home screen or an extended home screen. Unlike a shortcut, the Widget appears as an on-screen application.
3) Application Icons Tap an icon (application, folder, etc.) to open and use it.
4) Location Indicator Indicates which Home screen canvas you are viewing.
5) Quick Key Area Provides one-touch access to the function in any home screen canvas.
6) Home touch buttons Extended home screen The operating system provides multiple Home screen canvases to provide more space for adding icons, widgets, and more.
Customizing the Home screen
You can customize your Home screen by adding apps, widgets or changing wallpapers.
To add items on your Home screen
1 Touch and hold the empty part of the Home screen.
2 In the Add Mode menu, select the item you wish to add. You will then see this added item on the Home screen.
3 Drag it to the desired location and lift your fi nger.
TIP! To add an application icon to the Home screen from the Apps menu, touch and hold the application you want to add.
To remove an item from the Home screen:
Home screen > touch and hold the icon you want to remove > drag it to .
To add an app as a Quick key
From the Apps menu or on the Home screen, touch and hold an application icon
and drag it to the Quick key area. Up to 7 apps can be added.
To remove an app from the Quick key area
Touch and hold the desired quick key and drag it to .
NOTE: Apps key cannot be removed.
To customize apps icons on the Home screen:
1 Touch and hold an application icon until it is unlocked from its current position.
Then drop it on the screen. The editing icon will appear in the upper right
corner of the application.
2 Tap the application icon again and select the desired icon design and size.
3 Tap OK to save the change.
Hope from this simple tutorial, you will get some idea of the LG G3′s home screen. Watch out this space for more guides tomorrow. Like our Facebook Page or start Following us on @LGMobileIndia today to be the first to know all about when we publish the next guide.